By SVG Staff
When Super Bowl LV airs on Sunday, Feb. 7, SMT’s signature technology will take center stage to satisfy millions of fans’ demand for content-rich graphics, in-depth stats, and comprehensive virtual graphics presentations that elevate the viewing experience of the world’s most-watched sporting event.
SMT continues its long tradition of introducing innovative technology at the Super Bowl by introducing new camera enhancements that give viewers unique, never-before-seen angles that put them right in the middle of the action.
For Super Bowl LV, SMT is providing its Emmy-winning 1st and Ten Line virtual technology on nine cameras, including the All-22 camera and two Skycams, as well as providing its clock-and-score system.
The Super Bowl’s augmented reality show open will utilize SMT’s real-time Camera Tracker software, heightening the resolution to allow graphics to be seamlessly integrated onto the field of play.
A comprehensive list of SMT products and services for Super Bowl LV include:
- Electronic game and play clock integration via SMT Eyebar
- Real, time in-game statistics and talent information displays via SMT QBStat
- SMT Emmy-winning virtual 1st & Ten Line system
- 1st down line
- Line of scrimmage
- Virtual play clock
- Down and distance graphic
- Virtual player comparisons, Red Zone, kick distance, and field goal extension graphics
- Virtual graphic enhancements available on seven CBS game cameras
- Two Skycams (low and high) enabled with SMT’s Camera Tracker technology, which will also be used for the virtual open
- SMT’s SMART Zoom Telestration System provided for CBS’ Eye Zoom
- A seven person on-site graphics and technical operations team
- Technical and graphics support via SMT’s Remote Production Studio in Durham, NC.
In addition, SMT will provide a data and graphics services package for the NFL’s production of the Super Bowl world feed.